Saturday 2 March 2013

Under the Bridge

My original photo "of something beautiful". This photo was taken on my phone camera during the 2012 Vivid Lights Festival. I was in the city with friends ignorant of the festival when, on our way to Darling Harbour, we passed under this bridge/tunnel and saw giant flowers being projected onto the walls in a way that they seemed almost opaque and were made to move as if from the wind (this was also accompanied by ambient music). I took a photo with my phone because I was taken by surprise at this space which was suddenly transformed into a public art gallery by this temporary installation. The photo remained on my phone forgotten until the task of 'posting an original photo of something beautiful' at which point it shot back into my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment